Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Stop the Whining

There is all this talk currently in the Presidential Race about " whiney women".  Palin made it very clear how she felt about Hilary Clinton.  In my un-humble opinion there is lots of double standards in relation to the gender card...but this is not what I am peeved at.

Believe it or not, it's sports related.  This is about Curt Schilling, King of the Whine.  Before I met the husband I was just a simple girl who loved football and the Packers.  (and now the Jets. That doesn't sit too well in this household since the husband is a Dolphins fan)  The husband introduced me to baseball and the Yankees.  I learned baseball by way of the Yankees.  I am a good student.  I am a loyal Red Sox hater.

But, as much as I love to see the Yankee's whip the Red Sox and as much as I like to see the Patriots lose...I never wish a player to go down.  Bitter Schilling has his head so far up his back side he doesn't know if he is shouting or farting.  

If rooting for a team other than the Pats makes me a bitter fan, then so be it.  I guarantee I will be rooting for Farve and the Jets next weekend.  

"Hey, Curt, stick a bloody sock in it!"

No comments: