Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Bone China

As I left work tonight I have noticed a change in the air.  Cold, crisp and the holiday shoppers are out.  There are Christmas Tree's on sidewalks waiting to be taken home and dressed up. The stores are decked bright and shiny.  Bloomingdales has strung a million lights outside the city block wide building.  Victoria's Secret Flagship Store has had it's grand opening and the line to get in is out the door.  

The holiday's are upon us and it is in the air.  

As I strolled to the subway, enjoying the lights, I passed a shop that sells 'Authentic Chinese Art"  Something caught my eye and I gasped as I passed.  I did not gasp out in joy...more like fear.  I hope I am not offending anyone but this "Fine Bone China Figure" FREAKED ME OUT...





...ummmmm, what is that???  Here is a closer look...




What the hell is that?  Seriously.  I have enough night terrors!  Can you imagine THAT on my nightstand breathing it's octopus breath on me?  And are those really octopi? 

Octopi...Octopuses...Octopi...Octopuses

Also...are they trying to kill the Chinese man or are they his friends?  They have 'friendly' faces. And by 'friendly', I mean in a clown like creepy way.  A clown with a really long nose...or an octopus with a really long nose.  what??

Who knows.

One thing I know for sure...I won't be surprised if my night terror's tonight include a Chinese Man screaming angry words at me while octopi with creepy clown faces are trying to strangle me.  

Ahhhhh, sweet dreams.



No comments: